Garden Design Includes Brunnera Pulmonaria
Low growing heartleaf brunnera boasts clouds of sky blue flowers from early to midspring that look just like forget me nots hence the nickname false forget me not.
Garden design includes brunnera pulmonaria. Most of the photos here show a woodland garden under large oak trees with spring flowering plants. This plant is also grown for its striking heart shape green foliage that when silvered is almost iridescent in the right light. Apr 6 2020 try in container too cut flowers with pulmonaria with ice dance sedge with japanese painted fern or ghost fern.
In some areas you might have to accept that planting is going to be too difficult. Lonicera baggesson s gold in back center viburnum carlesii at the top left cut leaf shapes of acanthus spinosus in middle behind sculpture bold silver leaves of brunnera sea heart in center long silver spotted leaves of pulmonaria longifolia var cevennesis in front of sculpture black accents of ophiopogon planiscapus nigrescens along path shiny foliage of helleborus x hybridus sally tucked in next to acanthus chartreuse green flowers of primula green lace syn. See more ideas about blue.
Reliable plants for shadier areas of the garden these low growing perennials form spreading clumps and often have attractively marked foliage. Variegated forms need more shade. It is sometimes called siberian bugloss.
The plant prefers partial shade but can grow in full sun in cool climates provided it receives adequate moisture. With dark huechera like plum pudding with dark blue hyacinths with jacobs ladder wait til spring go cut back old foliage keep soil rich and moist have straight species too with bowles golden sedge with white or soft yellow tulips with hawera narcissus. These plants include pulmonaria brunnera bergenia euphorbia and hellebores.
In our trials pulmonaria silver bouquet makes a scrumptious 6 tall x 2 wide deer resistant clump of 1 long shiny silver foliage lovely enough to grow even without flowers. Sprays of pure blue flowers in mid to late spring add to the show. For this purpose you can t go wrong with white flowers.
Makes a great groundcover in the shade specimen plant or as a container plant wh. Dress it up in whitethe design of a cocktail hour garden usually includes plants that are more noticeable at night and reflect the moonlight. Lungwort pulmonaria silver bouquet and silver shimmers zones 3 8.
- How To Design A Walled Garden
- How To Design A Yard Garden
- How To Design And Plan A Garden
- How To Design Garden Layout With Photos
- How To Design A South Facing Garden
- How To Design A Tile For A Peace Garden
- How To Design An Exotic Garden
- How To Design A Small Garden Border
- How To Design An Herb And Vegetable Urban Garden
- How To Design A Small Garden Pond
- How To Design Cintainer Garden During Wet Summers
- How To Design A Vegetable Garden In Georgia
- How To Design A Small Patio Garden
- How To Design And Build A Rain Garden
- How To Design A Small Woodland Garden
- How To Design An Organic Vegetable Garden
- How To Design A Tiered Garden
- How To Design A Small Square Vegtable Garden
- How To Design An Iris Garden
- How To Design Garden Borders For Flower Beds