How To Design A Native Garden Australia
Avoid rigid straight lines and formal hedges.
How to design a native garden australia. Studying native plants and garden design led kathleen murphy to create a water wise oasis at her home where clients can see her work firsthand. Native garden design ideas. While native is a theme you can be even more specific and choose a region style of native plants including coastal desert bushland tropical and grasses.
Grouped arrangement of plants and repeat plantings of low native grasses combine with taller sculpturally formed plants such as deep red alcantarea and tall flowering kangaroo paw mixing with the owner s favourite exotics more tropical plants such as frangipani trees and gingers. A coastal native garden usually contains hardy plants that can cope with a windy sunny and sandy location. Try and add contrasting clumps of foliage to create interest and excitement to the planting design.
Native grasses planted in clumps is a lovely effect. Mulch and manures are preferable to chemical fertilisers as many native plants do not like high levels of phosphorus. Where there is clay add a little gypsum.
Her stunning garden with panoramic views of the macedon ranges features a variety of australian native plants and a contemporary take on the latest in garden ideas and plantings. Your soil need not be rich but tropical specimens do prefer organic matter. Water is often used in an australian native garden design a simple pond of water feature can transform a garden space.
- Garden Design Blogs Australia
- Garden Design Cape Cod
- Garden Design Bingham
- Garden Design Career Paths
- Garden Design Certificate Toronto
- Garden Design Career Education
- Garden Design Bury St Edmunds
- Garden Design Boubon Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Garden Design Bishop Auckland
- Garden Design Ballincollig
- Garden Design Castlemaine
- Garden Design Board
- Garden Design Burton On Trent
- Garden Design Cad Program
- Garden Design Cambridge Ma
- Garden Design Bradford
- Garden Design Buckingham
- Garden Design Books For Beginners
- Garden Design Beckenham
- Garden Design Central Florida