How To Design A Spring Bulb Garden
If you want a jolt of color to jumpstart spring plant bulbs that emerge very early.
How to design a spring bulb garden. Small bulbs such as scilla siberica or chionodoxa should be planted in groups of at least 25 bulbs. Grape hyacinth muscari armeniacum zones 4 8 3. Invest two hours planting bulbs on a beautiful fall afternoon and you can enjoy a succession of blooms next spring that starts in late march and extends right into may.
Dig a hole stick the bulb in and cover it up. Spring blooming bulbs look best when the plantings are generous and the bulbs are grouped together. Caring for these bulbs is easier yet.
Starting with a simple plan. When you ve determined where you want your bulb garden located make a good estimate of the total area the square footage of the area to be planted. Though an informal pastiche of color is delightful in the early spring garden by carefully considering bulb bloom times and flower colors you can create subtle harmony or dramatic contrast and enhance the overall color scheme of your garden.
A bouquet of spring bulbs. Daffodils and alliums can be planted in threes though groups of 7 or 9 look even better. Planting spring bulbs couldn t be easier.
First decide where and how big you want your bulb garden to be. Save a few bulbs from each of your plantings in fall and pick a special spot to mix them together. Bulbs are most often planted in drifts or small clumps but sometimes it s nice to plant an in the ground bouquet.
Tulips look best in groups of at least 12 bulbs. You may even want to make a rough sketch of the area to be planted. From your friends at west coast gardens in surrey bc.
- How Much Garden Designer Cost
- How To Design A Beautiful Vegetable Garden
- How To Design A Daylily Garden
- How To Design A Garden Maze
- How To Design A Horseshoe Shaped Rose Garden
- How Old Is Sarah Price Garden Designer
- How Much To Get Garden Design
- How To Build Vertical Garden Design
- How To Design A Native Garden Australia
- How To Design A Potager Vegetable Garden
- How To Design A New Front Garden
- How To Design A Simple Flower Garden
- How To Design A Cactus And Succulent Garden
- How To Design A Brick Garden Edge In Sloped Flowerbed
- How To Design A Flower Garden With A Square Space
- How To Design A Natural Northwest Garden
- How Much Will A Garden Designer Cost
- How To Choose The Perfect Garden Design
- How To Design A Brick Garden Edge In Flowerbed
- How Much Is A Garden Designer Uk